Along with the many resources you will find within each of the program modules, following are additional resources you may find helpful in your study of herbs and dietary supplements.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- FDA Medwatch – for reporting adverse effects
- Tips for Older Dietary Supplement Users @ FDA
- US Food and Drug Administration on Dietary Supplements
United States Department of Agriculture
- Choose My Plate, USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center
- USDA Vegetarian Nutrition Resource List (pdf file)
National Institutes of Health
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- National Library of Medicine
- Office of Dietary Supplements
- United States Pharmacopeial Convention
Academic Health Centers:
Subscription (Fee Based):
The Prior Health Sciences Library, available to faculty, staff and students at the Ohio State University, has an entire collection on integrative medicine and numerous subscriptions to relevant journals and databases, including those shown above.
Note: The Herbs and Dietary Supplements Across the Lifespan Program does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any of these resources.